With above two million users, WhatsApp can easily be labeled as the most famous messaging app. To stay up to standard, this Facebook-owned messaging platform has released dozens of powerful features and exceeded everyone’s expectations.
However, there are a few downfalls of this app that add to the frustration and annoyance of the user.
Table of Contents
One of these annoyances is that WhatsApp does not directly allow you to send a message to an unsaved contact.
There may be multiple reasons why you do not want to save a number, and that is completely your choice.
However, in the usual WhatsApp setting, you can only send a message if the contact is saved on your phone.
Like every other problem, there is a backdoor to this one too. There are many alternate ways through which you can send a WhatsApp message to an unsaved contact, even though the application itself does not allow it.
Stay away from the hassle of saving every single contact on your phone while still being able to message them on WhatsApp.
3 Ways to Send Messages Without Saving a Number on Whatsapp
1. Using a Link:
If you do not want to save a number to your phone, you can create a WhatsApp link for it so that you can send them a message.
When you click the link, the chat window for that contact opens up on your screen. This method works perfectly for both, Android and iOS and is very reliable. For this, you will need the help of your browser.
- Open any browser on your phone whether it is Chrome, Firefox, or any Samsung browser
https://wa.me/phonenumberin the search bar
- Replace the last part “phone number” with the actual number which you want to message on WhatsApp without saving
- Make sure that there are no odd signs in the number like + or () or 00 etc.
- You also need to ensure that you have entered the country code along with the number
- After typing the link, press Enter and open the link
- A WhatsApp webpage will open up and the phone number that you entered will appear along with a green message button
- Click on the green message button and you will be redirected to WhatsApp
The chat window will open for the contact that you entered and you can send them a message without saving their number
2. Using Siri Shortcuts on iPhone:
This method only works for iPhone users as it is not supported by Android. It requires the Siri Shortcuts application which is made by Apple for the newer versions of iOS. Follow these steps to message an unsaved number using this method.
- Download and install the Siri Shortcuts application on your phone.
- After the setup is complete, open the app and go to the Gallery tab which is on the bottom right of the screen
- Add any shortcut that you want and allow it to run once
- Now go to the Settings of your device and click on Shortcuts
- Enable Allow Untrusted Shortcuts. This means that Siri Shortcuts can be run by anyone at any time. You must make sure that you download shortcuts made by trustworthy people, otherwise, you will end up getting scammed and risking your security
- Once you are done, click on this link (https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/be22fa0abe644c86baa126ffff2ae3eb)
- Click on Get Shortcut to download it on your iPhone
- You will now be redirected to the Siri Shortcuts app. Click on Add Untrusted Shortcut
- After doing so, open the Shortcuts app once again and go to the My Shortcuts tab
- In this tab, look for the WhatsApp to Non-Contact shortcut. Click on it and run it on your device
- Another method to do this is to click on the three dots at the top of the Shortcuts tab and then click on Add to the Home screen. This will create a quick launch shortcut on your home screen which you can click and run.
- After running this function, you will be asked to enter the recipient’s number. Make sure that you enter the country code along with it.
A new chat window will open and you will be redirected to WhatsApp. You can message your unsaved contact through this window.
3. Messaging an Unsaved Contact on Android:
An easy and straightforward way to message an unsaved contact is through an Android. Follow these steps to send a message through this easiest method:
- First, open the Contacts app and click on the keypad
- Dial the number which you would like to message
- Make sure to add the plus sign and country code before the number
- Once you have typed the number, long press on it and select it on the keypad itself
- A small menu bar will pop up with the number with a few options
- Click on the three dots in this menu bar
- One of these options will hold the WhatsApp icon. Click on it.
A chat window of the number you had typed will appear. You can now send them a message as you desire.
These are all easy, safe, and foolproof ways to send a message to an unsaved contact on your phone. Since many people prefer not to save certain contacts before sending them a message, these methods are very commonly used worldwide. It is guaranteed that they work smoothly and cause no harm to your device.
We still do not know why the famous messaging app does not have this feature officially, but we hope that it is released soon with the increasing demand. Until then, we can make use of these methods and get our work done.